It’s been 259 days since I’ve been on an airplane. I know I’m not the only one, but boy am I getting the itch to travel again.
So, today I thought it would be fun to share with you my top places I hope to travel in the near future. Top 3 states in the USA and the top 3 countries that I have never been to.
- Washington: I’m a very outdoorsy person, so most of my picks are based on wildlife or natural scenery. Washington state is no exception. With beautiful coastlines and magnificent mountains, it looks like a dream destination for anyone who loves the great outdoors. I would love to do a kayak tour in search of orcas and hike in the mountains.
- Maine: Besides visiting New York last fall, I have never been to the east coast. Maine has always been somewhere I have wanted to go, ever since I was little. Whale watching has been my big attraction to this state.
- Alaska: I feel like this choice speaks for itself. Alaska is full of wildlife, but I feel like most people don’t take the time to get there. It is on my bucket list to see sea otters (one of my favorite animals) in their natural habitat.
- India: I am half Indian, but I have not been able to experience much of the culture. So, India has been on my travel bucket list for as long as I can remember. I feel like there are so many amazing places that I want to visit in this big country, so I have a feeling I will travel there more than once.
- Tanzania: An African Safari is another dream of mine, as I imagine it is for a lot of people. From talking to friends, it sounds like Tanzania has some of the best opportunities for this.
- New Zealand: Zack and I had talked about renting a camper and honeymooning in New Zealand. Unfortunately, I think this will have to wait for another occasion, but I do hope to get there one day as it has such unique wildlife and beautiful scenery.
So there you have it, my current list of places I hope to visit soon. The COVID-19 pandemic is still a major issue right now, so I’m not sure when these trips will happen. It was announced that the Kentucky Derby will still be going ahead in September, so we will be attending that and we are still planning to get married in Mexico in January. So, hopefully I will have some more travel stories and tips to share soon!
Please let me know if you have any destinations you think I should add to my list! Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.